Small business Saturday. It’s a thing. Did you know? It started in 2010 as a way to celebrate small businesses and encourage local shopping between Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Considering all the ups and downs of the past two years, and as a small business owner myself, I think standing with our local business owners is #sowkind.
In case you are knee-deep in your holiday shopping, I am highlighting ten businesses I love. If you are just starting your shopping or nearly finished, would you consider supporting one of the following small businesses?
1. Spotted Deer Coffee Company–I hear they have great coffee, but as a non-coffee drinker, I can only comment on their tea. First, they have THE BEST chai tea. I am also a big fan of their London Fog.
3. Melanie Marino Shankle–Melanie is a brilliant writer, a generous friend, and a fierce mother. She has a new advent devotional called Waiting on Wonder. You can find out more here. https://melanie-shankle.myshopify.com/collections/all
6. Las Guitarras Cocina Mexicana–You know I love chips and queso, and this local restaurant is hands down the best in the area. Stop by, order queso, buy a gift card, and support this local business.
7. Rhonda Bell–She is a gifted artist, and you can find her work in and around town. Her color choices and texture always speak to me. Check out her work here https://www.artworkarchive.com/profile/rhondabell-studio/
9. Core Media–San Antonio Custom t-shirt & apparel screen printing & embroidery, CD/DVD mfr & wide format printer. Custom tees to banners…if you are looking to create shirts for your holiday gathering, consider shopping here. http://www.coremediaworld.com/
10. Mikayla Billingsley–Mikayla sells handmade bracelets and keychains. She makes alpha keychains and chevron bracelets. She is one of my former students, and you can check out her work here. Mikayla Knots
Thank you for supporting small businesses, friends. If you have a small business you love, please share a link in the comments.